Learn the art of fly fishing from the best in the business during our exclusive half and full-day fly fishing instructional course. This is a perfect activity for your corporate retreat, team building event or family reunion. Small groups of family or friends will also enjoy this unique opportunity. Custom-designed classes are also available.
The course covers essential subject matter such as gear, knots, stream entomology, casting techniques and safe handling practices. The course presents materials in an easy to learn, fun and informative way. It's the perfect introduction for those who've always wanted to try their hand at fly fishing, as well as a great refresher for those with experience.
- Duration: Half day instructional course
- Season: Memorial Day - October
- Minimum Age: 12
- Begins In: 2nd & Sherman in Coeur d'Alene
- Ends In: 2nd & Sherman in Coeur d'Alene
ROW Adventures' fly-fishing school takes place on private trout ponds located just 30 minutes from Coeur d'Alene. These ponds are well stocked with rainbow trout. This scenic and secluded private property is perfectly suited for a day of fun and learning. You will learn:
- Fly casting from a professional casting instructor who will help you to achieve that perfect cast
- Have opportunities to catch trophy-sized rainbow trout
- How to select the proper fly-fishing gear and equipment
- About different insects patterns and how to select appropriate flies for different rivers and lakes
- About fish behavior and how to locate large fish
- How to safely catch and release fish.
Snacks and Beverages are included! Beverages will include soda and water. Snacks will include chips, granola bars and fruit.
Rods/reels, leaders, tippet and flies provided but students may use their own if they choose.
Children should be at least 8 years old and have their own interest in fly fishing.
No fishing license is required, as the course takes place on private property.
ROW Adventures offers half and full day guided fly-fishing trips on the Coeur d'Alene River. We also offer full day float and walk/wade fly-fishing trips on the St. Joe River, a blue-ribbon cutthroat trout fishery located two hours south of Coeur d'Alene. For the ultimate fly-fishing adventure join our five or six-day fly-fishing expeditions on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River or Snake River in Hells Canyon.